The 5 Stages of Business Development
Think of the business as a tent … with the owner as the tent pole. Everything rests on the owner’s shoulders. As the business grows, that tent becomes harder and harder to hold up.
Stage 1: Entrepreneurial & Optimistic
What will it take for you to get from “maybe” to “yes”?
95-98% of all businesses start and end in Stage 1, even though the peak rewards for business owners are in Stage 2.
Stage 1 entrepreneurs work harder than they have to, make less than they could, and leave a lot on the table when they exit the business.
- Know their business could be delivering better results
- Believe the business could be worth more than it is
- Say their business is not consistent or focused enough
- Spend time working in the business, not on the business
- Feel the business sits entirely on their shoulders
- Think the business is not as fun or rewarding as it could be
Stage 2: Structured for Growth
This is where real profit happens.
Here, the business becomes a stable, well-run company with long-term goals and steady, profitable growth, supported by well-grounded structures and process.
Stage 3: Financial Capital Infusion
Stage 4: Human Capital Infusion
Stage 5: Resize and Realign
We are experts in helping business owners take companies from Stage 1 to Stage 2, unlocking the full potential of their business.